Palm oil has been used as both a food and a medicine for thousands of years. It was prized by the pharaohs of ancient Egypt as a sacred food. Today palm oil is the most widely used oil in the world. In tropical Africa and Southeast Asia palm oil is an integral part of a healthy diet just as olive oil is in the Mediterranean.
Palm oil is one of the world's healthiest oils. As a natural vegetable oil, it contains no trans fatty acids or cholesterol. It is currently being used by doctors and government agencies to treat specific illnesses and improve nutritional status. Recent medical studies have shown that palm oil, particularly virgin (red) palm oil, can protect against many common health problems, including Alzheimer's. Some of the health benefits include:
Health Benefits of Palmolein Oil
Palm oil is rich in Vitamin E (tocopherols & tocotrienols). In fact, no other vegetable oil has as much Vitamin E compared to Palm Oil. Vitamin E is a powerful anti-oxidant, capable of reducing the harmful types of oxygen molecules (free radicals) in the body. This means they may help to protect you from certain chronic diseases, while delaying the body's ageing process. Latest research shows that the tocotrienol form of Vitamin E reacts more effectively than tocopherols.
- Improves blood circulation, boosts immunity & blood sugar control
- Protects against Cancer, Heart disease
- Helps strengthen bones and teeth
- Highest natural source of health promoting tocotrienols
- Helps protect against mental deterioration, including Alzheimer’s disease
- Palm oil is very rich in calories. One gram of palm oil supplies 9 Kcal of energy, which is 2 ½ times more than one gram of protein (4 Kcal) or carbohydrates (4 Kcal)